What It Means To Be A Friend of BATC
Do you have a passion for cultural arts and community? If so, becoming a member of the Friends of BATC is the opportunity for which you have been looking. Bishop Arts Theatre Center is seeking motivated community leaders with an attitude of servitude. You can utilize your interests and skill sets by volunteering at BATC. Formally, the Friends of TeCo, the Friends of BATC objectives are:
• To create enthusiasm for the Bishop Arts Theatre Center;
• To act as ambassadors and hospitality committee for BATC patrons;
• To give general office support and augment BATC’s marketing efforts through promotional collateral material distributions;
• To prepare and serve meals and/or appetizers for cast and patrons during dress rehearsals, opening night receptions, and special events;
• To man the Concession Bar during performance runs;
• To aid in the fundraising efforts of the theatre;
- Complimentary tickets to
productions and BATC events;
- Personalized Friends of BATC
- BATC premium promotional
- Volunteer participation award.
□ BOX OFFICE ASSISTANTS
Aid the Box Office Manager in distributing Will Call tickets prior to productions.
Prepare and serve meals/appetizers for cast dress rehearsals, opening night receptions as well as other special events throughout the year. Individuals on this committee must also be willing to be committed to the set-up and clean-up associated with these events.
Facilitate the sale of concession items to patrons before the performance and during intermission.
Decorate the theatre lobby for special events and specifically during the holiday season for our Christmas performance.
□ GENERAL OFFICE SUPPORT
Assist with answering the phone, filing, and facilitating mailing initiatives.
□ THEATRE SERVICE COMMITTEE
Assist BATC Staff with short-term focused projects on an as-needed basis.
Responsible for greeting and seating patrons during performances.